Welcome to DreamChallenge

Having a dream to share my knitting creations, cooking adventures and caregiving stories with others is now a reality. I bet you know someone right now who is at home taking care of someone they love. A phone call, e-mail, note card or some food would all be appreciated. Sometimes an offer to stand in for that person is a wonderful gift. Think about getting a hair cut, what if there is no time or person to sit with your loved one? What can you do to help someone else, or if you are that caregiver, how can you get people to understand you would like to see them or have their help? Knitting helps me stay calm. Knitting helps my blood pressure stay normal. What helps you? Cooking is an adventure for me. My husband is a dedicated 'clean-up' person. Join us on this part of our life's journey.

Choosing to send out cards is one way I stay in touch with others. I address cards on Sunday and my husband puts them in the mail on Monday. There is always someone who needs a card.

After several months of blogging there is a reality that lots of people really enjoy this activity. Positively delightful people, living life to the best of their ability. There is such fun in hearing from others who have ideas, stories, crafts all to share with those who choose to read. Thank you my new friends in this unknown world/way of communicating.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

SNOW

No one can believe all the snow we are having.  Now the first few days were great and still beautiful, but these roads need to get cleaned.  Thanks to my fabulous husband, our walk ways are clean and dry, until the next hour when snow cascades down once again.  OH well, he has a challenge. 

It seem I forgot to mention a few people in my President's Day Salute, namely my beloved husband who served in the US Army Reserves for a zillion years and my Canadian son-in-law who also served a zillion years in His Countires' Service and went to some of those countires we are still trying to help understand democracy.  Probably a lot of cousins and uncles out in our world that have been left off, but please know that our thanks is just as profound as if your name was listed right here in this new venture. 
Three pictures:  The guy coming out of the Grand Canyon is my husband.  He spent three days down at the bottom in a tent.  My prayers were with him as the relaxing sun warmed my body in Sedona during that time. 
Doug is our Daughter Amy's adoring husband.  He will be cheering for Canada during the Olympics and so will we except if they end up playing USA in hockey.  The pink lace is actually showing the snow on our covered, screned in porch where snow never come; however, now we have snow up to the sliding glass door into our home.  YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God Bless all Those who Serve to Keep us Safe and Free. 
Enjoy the moment - it is all we are promised.
Jan xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Jan - thank you for such a sweet comment. I am a newbie at knitting and after many, many dishcloths and scarves I decided to up the game and knit a baby afghan for a new grandbaby expected in June. I have to concentrate so hard when knitting it that it is just not that relaxing! My problem is that I don't know how to fix things when I mess up so I usually just start over! I truly enjoyed reading your blog and meeting a new blogging friend! xo - Connie

    ReplyDelete