Welcome to DreamChallenge

Having a dream to share my knitting creations, cooking adventures and caregiving stories with others is now a reality. I bet you know someone right now who is at home taking care of someone they love. A phone call, e-mail, note card or some food would all be appreciated. Sometimes an offer to stand in for that person is a wonderful gift. Think about getting a hair cut, what if there is no time or person to sit with your loved one? What can you do to help someone else, or if you are that caregiver, how can you get people to understand you would like to see them or have their help? Knitting helps me stay calm. Knitting helps my blood pressure stay normal. What helps you? Cooking is an adventure for me. My husband is a dedicated 'clean-up' person. Join us on this part of our life's journey.

Choosing to send out cards is one way I stay in touch with others. I address cards on Sunday and my husband puts them in the mail on Monday. There is always someone who needs a card.

After several months of blogging there is a reality that lots of people really enjoy this activity. Positively delightful people, living life to the best of their ability. There is such fun in hearing from others who have ideas, stories, crafts all to share with those who choose to read. Thank you my new friends in this unknown world/way of communicating.

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Ruffle collar baby sweater

Now this little sweater is a treasure come true.  The little baby girl is not with us yet, but she is growing nicely and will soon arrive.  Sweaters are so adorable, but I wanted her to have one with a ruffle collar and so made up this little pattern.  The button is also hand made using a crochet hook.  The penny will show the size.  Just so cuddly.  Her Mama and family will have no trouble seeing her in this beautiful creation.  No, not bragging, just thankful God gave me the ability to create something so beautiful for one of His children.


3 comments:

  1. Love it mom,, it really looks great :) I love the button with the same yarn. I'm (as always) very impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything you create is a treasure - an heirloom - a gift from the heart. Love this one as much as any you have created yet. The colors are fabulous - and that little button - oh my!

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found you over @ Vickis blog...Love her!
    and have enjoyed seeing all your wonderful creations as well.
    Working on some fingerless gloves for my girls at the moment along with finishing off a new dining room.
    Nice to meet you and look forward to getting to know you better this year!
    Stop in anytime...love to have you!

    Kathy @
    Sweet Up-North Mornings...

    ReplyDelete