Welcome to DreamChallenge

Having a dream to share my knitting creations, cooking adventures and caregiving stories with others is now a reality. I bet you know someone right now who is at home taking care of someone they love. A phone call, e-mail, note card or some food would all be appreciated. Sometimes an offer to stand in for that person is a wonderful gift. Think about getting a hair cut, what if there is no time or person to sit with your loved one? What can you do to help someone else, or if you are that caregiver, how can you get people to understand you would like to see them or have their help? Knitting helps me stay calm. Knitting helps my blood pressure stay normal. What helps you? Cooking is an adventure for me. My husband is a dedicated 'clean-up' person. Join us on this part of our life's journey.

Choosing to send out cards is one way I stay in touch with others. I address cards on Sunday and my husband puts them in the mail on Monday. There is always someone who needs a card.

After several months of blogging there is a reality that lots of people really enjoy this activity. Positively delightful people, living life to the best of their ability. There is such fun in hearing from others who have ideas, stories, crafts all to share with those who choose to read. Thank you my new friends in this unknown world/way of communicating.

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Snow Flake Hat

Happy New Year
So many wonderful memories from 2011 and am ready to begin the new year with hope and lots of plans.
Having said that, it was not in my plan to knit for someone who is about to undergo chemotherapy, but a dear friend called and told me about this friend of hers who wanted to give her friend a nice gift.  Well, you know when it comes to comforting those who are going through chemo therapy, we just can not do enough.  Knitting is my joy and so here is the hat finished for this person I have never met but have prayed for her healing and comfort with the knitting.  This is such a simple pattern and yet with the yarns I used it turned out so soft and lovely.  The eyelash fringe was made in Italy.  If you have read my profile, you know Italy is my Dad's home place and holds a special place in my heart.  We have visited, met family and plan a return visit with our grandchildren.  Now back to the hat, I started the scarf but was so excited about the yarns for the hat I finished that first.  The next post will be the wonderful scarf.  It had a soft pink yarn with a white running yarn behind it with the little sparkles found in the yarn in the hat.  Please join me in praying for the soon to be owner of this creation.  I am sure she will feel the love.

1 comment:

  1. Jan - this hat is so beautiful - so soft to look at - I know it will bring welcome warmth and comfort. You did a marvelous job on this hat - that eyelash is just the perfect touch!

    ps- I added a link to your blog - on my blog roll!

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete