Welcome to DreamChallenge

Having a dream to share my knitting creations, cooking adventures and caregiving stories with others is now a reality. I bet you know someone right now who is at home taking care of someone they love. A phone call, e-mail, note card or some food would all be appreciated. Sometimes an offer to stand in for that person is a wonderful gift. Think about getting a hair cut, what if there is no time or person to sit with your loved one? What can you do to help someone else, or if you are that caregiver, how can you get people to understand you would like to see them or have their help? Knitting helps me stay calm. Knitting helps my blood pressure stay normal. What helps you? Cooking is an adventure for me. My husband is a dedicated 'clean-up' person. Join us on this part of our life's journey.

Choosing to send out cards is one way I stay in touch with others. I address cards on Sunday and my husband puts them in the mail on Monday. There is always someone who needs a card.

After several months of blogging there is a reality that lots of people really enjoy this activity. Positively delightful people, living life to the best of their ability. There is such fun in hearing from others who have ideas, stories, crafts all to share with those who choose to read. Thank you my new friends in this unknown world/way of communicating.

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Valentine's Day Scarf

Reading posts of bloggers who are participating in Grow Your Blog (thankful to Ms. Vicki) is such fun.  I am so glad Vicki is leaving the links up for us.

Wanted to share a story that happened this week.  A friend needed yarn to make a scarf for Vicki's Scarf Project and I knew it would help her if someone had the yarn. 
Do any of you just happen to have yarn in the trunk of your car????:)
I told her to help me to the car and she could pick out yarn for the scarf.  She was delighted and so excited.  I'll post a picture when she is finished.
So that was on Thursday.  On Friday one of my neighbors came to visit and brought me (you quessed it) red yarn so she could teach me this new trend in scarf making.  I know some of you are already proficient in the technique, but I was not.  After less than 24 hours, here is the finished product.  I am amazed and I cooked dinner and did a few other chores as well as knitted on a little dress I am making for a newborn weighing in at 4 pounds.  One blessing turned into two which will end up being four blessings because each scarf made will be given away.   
Hope each of you have a blessed day.
Thank you all for stopping by and leaving jme a coment.
 

4 comments:

  1. Jan- that scarf is beautiful- I love how the ends are sparkly!! You will have to teach me!!
    No I don't have yarn in my car trunk- but that's about the only place I don't!!

    Counting our days---
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Dear! This is BEAUTIFIL! I've come to you from the "Grow Your Blog" list that Vicki at Two Bags full has so kindly left up...(It was over before I heard about it!)I am so happy to have found your delightful blog, and am now following!
    Please visit me if you get the chance!
    Hugs,
    Anne ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty and delicate looking! I LOVE that you have random yarn in your trunk <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoy your blog. You are full of kindness. Thanks for being an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete